14th December 2019 : Prelims Sure Shot: UPSC IAS Current Affairs
1.Govt. adds 30 more services to doorstep delivery scheme
- 30 more services have been added to the Delhi government’s doorstep delivery scheme, taking the total services offered to 100.
- Hailed as a “revolutionary initiative” in governance, under the given scheme the citizens don’t need to stand in long lines in government offices. It also avoids multiple visits to the government offices and touts to get public services.
- Under the scheme, citizens can call on the number — 1076 — to avail government services. After the call, a person will visit the citizen and collect documents required for the service and process the request. Citizens can book an appointment online.
- Due to mobile Sahayaks’s intervention to ensure that all documents are complete and attached in the right order along with the applications the success rate has also been high.
2.The first meeting of National Ganga Council
Why in News
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the first meeting of the National Ganga Council in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
About National Ganga Council
- The Council has been given overall responsibility for the superintendence of pollution prevention and rejuvenation of River Ganga Basin, including Ganga and its tributaries.
- The first meeting of the Council was aimed at reinforcing the importance of a ‘Ganga-centric’ approach in all departments of the concerned states as well as relevant Central Ministries.
3.29th National Energy Conservation day
Why in News
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under the guidance of Ministry of Power, Government of India, organised the 29th National Energy Conservation Awards.
- BEE recognizes and encourages endeavours of industries in reducing energy consumption by felicitating them with National Energy Conservation Awards. BEE also awards prizes to the national winners of the annual National Painting Competition on Energy Conservation.
- It is a statutory body under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- It assists in developing policies and strategies with the primary objective of reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.
- It coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies, and other organizations to identify and utilize the existing resources and infrastructure, in performing the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act.