DAILY Current Affairs MCQ – Based on The Hindu Newspaper
Q- Consider the following statements and mark the option which is correct.
1. The first manmade port was found in Harappa.
2. The main crops of Indus Valley civilization were wheat & Barley.
3. The Largest Harappan Settlement in India is Rakhigarhi in Haryana.
4. The Largest number of settlements is in Ghaggar-Hakar Valleys.
A.1 and 2 only
B.All of the above
C.2, 3 and 4
D.None of the above
Q- Consider the following statements related to the moon.
- The South Pole of the moon is said to have cold traps which can contain fossilised information of the early Solar System.
- The Moon was first visited by the Soviet spacecraft Clementine in 1959.
- The Moon’s dipolar magnetic field causes violent earthquakes on its surface and leads to formation of the craters.
- NASA currently has three robotic spacecraft exploring the Moon — Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the twin ARTEMIS spacecraft
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct regarding to the moon exploration?
A.All of the above
B.1 and 4 Only
C.1, 2 and 3
D.2, 3 and 4
Q- Consider the following statements about CITES and India’s involvement with it.
- For the Indian rosewood, India’s proposal recently in 2019 is to remove the species from CITES Appendix III.
2. Indian Pangolins found in the whole country, except the northeast, is registered in the Appendix I of the CITES and Schedule I of the Wildlife (Protection) Act of 1972.
- CITES is legally binding on the Parties, and is given preference over Wildlife (Protection) act of 1972.
- India has also proposed to transfer small clawed otters (Aonyx cinereus), smooth coated otters (Lutrogale perspicillata), Indian Star Tortoise (Geochelone elegans) from Appendix II to Appendix I.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
A.1 and 2 Only
B.2 and 3 Only
C.2 and 4 Only
D.1 and 4 Only
Q- Consider the following statement with reference to Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)
- RCEP is viewed as an alternative to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between the ten member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the six states with which ASEAN has existing free trade agreements.
Choose the correct statements from the options given below
B. 2 only.
Q-Consider the following features of coastal regulation zones in India
- CRZ-1- Exploration of natural gas and extraction of salt are not permitted.
2. CRZ-2 – Unauthorised structures are not allowed to construct in this zone.
3. CRZ-3 – Fishing and allied activities are permitted in this zone.
Which of the above pairs are correctly matched with their respective regulations?
B. 2 only
C. 3 only
D. none of the above