17th Sep Prelims Sure Shot MCQ
Ques- Consider the following Countries as the members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation –
Which of the above mentioned countries belong to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation?
A-1, 2 and 3 only
B-2, 3 and 4 only
C-1 and 2 only
D-None of the above
Ques- Consider the following statements about Malaria –
- Mosquirix vaccine has been recommended by World Health Organization for pilot introduction in selected areas of 3 African countries- Ghana, Kenya and Malawi.
- Telangana Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran (DAMaN) initiative aims to deliver services to the most inaccessible and hardest hit people of the State. The initiative has in-built innovative strategies to combat asymptomatic malaria.
- Argentina is the second country in the Americas to be certified in 45 years, after Brazil in June 2018.
- Female Anophelesmosquitoes deposit parasite sporozoites into the skin of a human host which leads to the disease.
Which of the following statements give above is/are correct?
A-1 and 4 Only
B-2 and 3 Only
C-1 and 2 Only
D-2 and 4 Only
Ques- Consider the following movements and their leaders from the pre independence era in India–
- Mahar Movement B.R Ambedkar
- Nair Movement Dr. T.M Nair
- Justice Party Movement C.N Mudalair
- Self-Respect Movement EV Ramaswami Naicker
Which of the following mentioned above pair(s) are/is correct?
A-1, 2 and 4 Only
B-2, 3 and 4 Only
C-1, 3 and 4 Only
D-All of the Above
Ques- Consider the following hill ranges of the Peninsular India –
- Nallamalla Hills
- Sirumali Hills
- Shevaroy Hills
- Javadi Hills
- Venukonda Hills
- Palkonda Hills
Select the pairs which arranges these Hill Ranges from the North to South
A-4, 2, 6, 3, 1 and 5
B-3, 2, 5, 6, 4 and 1
C-1, 5, 6, 4, 3 and 2
D-1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Ques- Consider the following statements –
- Further south the Barail Range swings to west into Garo, Jaintia and Khasi Hills which are an eastward continuation of the Indian peninsular block.
- Patkai Bum and Naga Hills form the watershed between India and Bhutan.
- The eastern syntaxial bend occurs near the Namche Barwa.
- The western syntaxial bend occurs near the Nanda Devi where the Indus River has cut a deep gorge.
Which of the above statements is/are correct about Himalayas?