21nd August -Daily MCQ for UPSC/IAS
Q-1 Considering the following statements, which of the following are correct?
- UIDAI comes under the Home Ministry, was earlier placed under the Niti Aayog
- According to the Aadhaar and other laws (amendment) bill ,2018 all fees and revenues collected by the UIDAI is to be credited to the Consolidated Fund of India.
- Supreme Court struck down Section 61 of the Aadhaar Act, 2016 that permitted private entities like telecom companies or other corporate to avail of the biometric Aadhaar data Act, 2016.
Which of the following statements are correct?
- All of the above
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 Only
- None of the above
Q-2 Consider the following statements
1 United States of America and India originally intended to collaborate on Project Chandrayaan 2 but later United States pulled out of it.
2 The range and life of Pragyan rover are 100 meters and 7 earth days respectively
3 Chandrayaan 2 was blasted off on ISRO’s rocket GSLV Mach 2
4 Chandrayaan 2 is to land at a high plain between the two craters Mauzius C and Simpleius N
Which of the following options are correct?
A.All of the above
D. 2, 4, 1
Q-3 Which of the following pollutants are monitored under the SAFAR?
- PM 10
- Nitrogen Oxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon Dioxide
Select from the options given below
A.All of the Above
Q-4 Consider the following statements on Humanyun
- By the Battle at Daurah, Humanyun was able to gain control of the Fort of Chunar which was known as the Gateway of East India.
- Humanyun is credited to build a second capital after Agra, called Dinpanah, which later came to be known as Delhi.
Which of the following statements given above is correct?
A.all of the above
D.None of the above
Q-5 Consider the following statements about Italy
- Italy is surrounded by the Adriatic Sea on the east, Tyrrhenian Sea on the west and Ionian Sea in the east.
- Mt. Etna, the only active volcano of Italy had buried the famous roman city of Pompeii
- To the north of Italy lie the Alps, which Italy shares with Germany, France and Hungary.
- Italy’s Abruzzo National Park is the famous shelter of the critically endangered Marsican Brown Bear which is endemic to this region only.
Which of the above statements are correct?
A.1 and 4 only
B.1 and 2 only
C.3 and 4 only
D.2 and 4 only
Q-6 Consider the following River Projects and the states they are based in-
- Damodar Valley Project West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand
- Chambal Project Rajasthan, M.P and U.P
- Matatila Project U.P and M.P
- Sardar Sarovar Project Gujarat, M.P, Rajasthan and Maharashtra
Which of the following are correct?
A.2 and 3 only
B.1 and 2 only
C.1 and 4 only
D.3 and 4 only