Which of the following forums involve India and Vietnam:
- ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting- Plus (ADMM-Plus)
- East Asia Summit
- Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM)
- Mekong Ganga Cooperation
- 1, 2 and 3 only
- 2, 3 and 4 only
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
Answer : d
Recently, Defence Ministers of India and Vietnam have discussed collaboration in defence industry capability building, training and cooperation in United Nations (UN) peacekeeping operations, etc.
India-Vietnam Relations; Cooperation at Multiple Fora:
At the UN Security Council, both India and Vietnam will serve concurrently as nonpermanent members in 2021.
India and Vietnam closely cooperate in various regional forums such as East Asia Summit, Mekong Ganga Cooperation, Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM). Vietnam invited India for ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting-Plus (ADMM Plus) being hosted by Vietnam in December 2020.
The ADMM-Plus is a platform for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its eight Dialogue Partners Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Russia and the USA (collectively referred to as the “Plus Countries”), to strengthen security and defence cooperation for peace, stability, and development in the region.
Vietnam is a member of ASEAN.
Q2: With reference to India Climate Change Knowledge Portal, consider the following statements and choose the correct options:
- It aims to disseminate knowledge among citizens about efforts of the Government to address climate change issues.
- International Climate Negotiations shall not be a component of this knowledge portal.
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Answer : a
India Climate Change Knowledge Portal will help in disseminating knowledge among citizens about all the major steps the Government is taking at both national and international levels to address climate change issues.
It will be a single point Information resource which provides information on the different climate initiatives taken by various Line Ministries enabling users to access updated status on these initiatives.
International Climate Negotiations
In the Conference of Parties (COP21) in Paris in 2015, India accepted 1.5 degrees Celsius as a target limit for the increase in the global average temperature and announced an ambitious domestic renewable energy programme.
Q3: consider the following statements with regards to NOCTILUCA SCINTILLANS and choose the correct options
- They accumulate toxic levels of ammonia, which is then excreted into the surrounding waters.
- They produce a toxin that acts as a killing agent in algal blooms.
- They are commonly known as “sea sparkle”.
- 2 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
- The bioluminescent Noctiluca scintillans also brightens the seawater at night.
- Noctiluca scintillans are commonly known as “sea sparkle”.
- Though the species does not produce a toxin, it is found to accumulate toxic levels of ammonia, which is then excreted into the surrounding waters, possibly acting as the killing agent in blooms.