Daily MCQ for UPSC or Other Exam (05th Sep.)( Answers)
Q-Consider the following Rivers given below-
Which of the rivers given above is/are the tributaries of the River Krishna?
A-All of the Above
B-2, 4, 6
C-1, 4, 5
D-1, 3, 2
Solution – C
Q-Consider the following statements given about Mesolithic culture in India-
- The credit of discovery of Megalithic sites in India goes to Dr. Primrose in 1866 from the sites of Sakkar and Rohri in Sindh.
- Chopanimando, a Mesolithic culture site in Uttar Pradesh is the site with earliest evidence of remains of clay pottery.
- In the Mesolithic age, the use of quartzite tools is a special feature.
- Mesolithic period is characterized by environmental changes began during this period.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?
A-1 and 2 only
B-2 and 4 only
C-3 and 4 only
D-1 and 4 only
Solution – B
Statement 1 is not correct – The credit of discovery of Megalithic sites in India goes to John Evans in 1866 from the sites of Sakkar and Rohri in Sindh.
Statement 3 is not correct- In Mesolithic age Agate, Zasper, Cher, Chalcedony etc were used as raw materials to make some stone implements in the place of Quartzite which was the main raw material of stone implements in the Palaeolithic age.
Q-Consider the following statements and select which of the following is/are correct
A-Danube through Austria before emptying into the Black Sea is the only major European river that flows eastwards.
B-Föhn wind, a warm air mass that originates in the African Sahara and moves north rapidly, periodically raising temperatures up to 10 °C (18 °F) in a short period of time, flows through Austria.
C-Both of them are correct
D-None of them is/are correct
Solution – C
Q-Consider the following statements about Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maandhaan Yojana-
- All shopkeepers and self-employed persons, as well as retail traders with GST turnover below Rs 1.5 crore and aged between 18-40 years, can enrol for the scheme.
- During the receipt of pension, if an eligible subscriber dies, his spouse shall be only entitled to receive twenty five per cent.
- If an eligible subscriber has given regular contributions and become permanently disabled due to any cause before attaining his age of 60 years, and is unable to continue to contribute under this Scheme, his spouse shall be entitled to continue with the Scheme.
- The Age group for contribution is for 18-60 years.
Which of the following is/are correct?
A-2 and 3 only
B-1 and 2 only
C-4 and 2 only
D-1 and 3 only
Solution – D
Statement 2 is not correct – During the receipt of pension, if an eligible subscriber dies, his spouse shall be only entitled to receive fifty per cent.
Statement 4 is not correct- It covers age contribution is between – 18-40 years.
Q-Consider the following statements about facial recognition technology-
- Tokyo 2020 will be first Olympics to use facial recognition technology to increase security around all venues.
- Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru, capital of Karnataka is set to become first airport in Asia to introduce face recognition based passage system technology from 2019.
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has released a request proposal for an Automated Facial Recognition System (AFRS) to be used by police officers across the country.
- A facial recognition system is a technology capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
A-1, 2 and 3
B-2, 3, 4
C-None of the above
D-All of the above
Solution – D