Daily MCQ for UPSC or Other Exam (06/09/2019)(Questions Only)
Q- Recently, the Union Government unveiled its plan to launch a new scheme for free treatment of Hepatitis C in the country. Against this backdrop, consider the following statements.
1) Hepatitis C is a bacterial disease and affects the liver.
2) Hepatitis C can also be spread from an infected mother to her baby during birth.
3) As of now, there is no vaccine against hepatitis C.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3
C. 1, 2 and 3
D. None of them
Q- Which of the following conditions is/are conducive for the formation of tropical cyclones?
1. Large and continuous supply of warm and moist air.
2. Large value of Coriolis force.
3. Inflow of air at upper level of atmosphere.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 1 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Q- With reference to National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), consider the following statements:
1. only a retired Chief Justice of India can become chairman of NHRC.
2. The chairman can be reappointed.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) both 1 and 2
d) neither 1 nor 2
Q- Consider the following statements –
- All higher education institutions of India are eligible to apply for the eminence tag.
- The selected institutes will enjoy complete academic and administrative autonomy.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development takes the decision to give Institution of Eminence status to six institutes, three each from the public and private sectors.
Which of the following is/are incorrect?
B-1 and 3
C-2 and 3