Daily Prelims Current Affairs MCQ
Questions Cum Answers
Q1: Consider the following statements and choose the correct options
- In guided wave testing (GWT), the sound waves are sent along the length of the structure rather than into the structure, allowing the waves to travel longer distances.
- Metamaterials are artificially crafted materials with unique internal microstructures that give them properties not found in nature.
- The constituent artificial units of the metamaterial can be tailored in shape, size, and interatomic interaction, to exhibit unusual properties.
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- all of the above
Q2: The international financing organization, ‘Global Fund’, works towards accelerating
the end of which of the following diseases?
- Swine Flu
- 1, 2 and 4 only
- 1, 2 and 5 only
- 2, 3 and 5 only
- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM), also known as Global Fund, is an international financing organization.
It aims to attract, leverage and invest additional resources to end the epidemics of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria to support attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations.
Q3: MANODARPAN Initiative is associated with which of the following issues?
- Social security initiative for laborers
- a mental health initiative for students, family members and teachers
- Eradication of stunting in children
- Eradication if malaria
- 4 Only
- 3 Only
- 2 Only
- 1 Only
the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) has launched the ‘Manodarpan’ initiative under Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. It is aimed to provide psychosocial support to students, family members and teachers for their mental health and well-being during the times of Covid-19
Q4: consider the following statements and choose the correct option
- A worldwide ban on agricultural use of DDT was formalized under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends DDT as one of the efficient Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) chemicals to curb mosquito menace
- Malaria is caused by Plasmodium parasites.
- In the South East Asia Region, Bangladesh accounts for the majority of cases and death from malaria.
- In India 7 states (HP, Karnatak, Punjab, Haryana, rajasthan, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh) account for about 90% of the burden of malaria cases in India.
- 1, 2, 3 and 5 only
- 1, 2, 3 only
- 1, 3, only
- all of the above
In the South East Asia Region, India accounts for the majority of cases and death from malaria .
According to World Malaria Report 2019, India reported 2.6 million fewer cases in 2018 compared to 2017. Thus the overall incidence of malaria in the country has reduced. However, 7 states (Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Gujarat, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh) account for about 90% of the burden of malaria cases in India.