Q1. Consider the following statements and choose the correct options
- The Anti-Defection Law was passed in through the 52 amendment to the Constitution.
- A member of a House belonging to any political party becomes disqualified for being a member of the House if He voluntarily gives up his membership of such political party
- A member gets disqualified if he votes or abstains from voting in contrary to any direction issued by his political party
- If a member goes out of his party as a result of a merger of the party with another party he gets disqualified.
- Any question regarding disqualification arising out of defection is to be decided by Election commission
- 1, 2, 4 only
- 1, 2, 5 only
- 1, 2, 3 only
- 1, 3, 4 and 5 only
Q2: Consider the following statements with respect to Hagia Sophia Grand Mosque and choose the correct options :
- It is an example of Byzantine architecture.
- It was built as the Christian cathedral of Constantinople.
- It was converted into a mosque by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey.
- 1 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Q3: consider the following statements and choose the incorrect options
- Exim Bank is the premier export finance institution of India.
- Currency Swaps are used to obtain foreign currency loans at a higher interest rate than could be obtained by borrowing directly in a foreign market.
- Central banks and Governments engage in currency swaps with foreign counterparts to meet short term foreign exchange liquidity requirements or to ensure adequate foreign currency to avoid Balance of Payments (BOP) crisis till longer arrangements can be made.
- A nontariff barrier is a way to restrict trade by using barriers other than a tariff. These include quotas, embargoes, sanctions, and levies.
- 1 only
- 2 only
- 1 and 2
- none of the above
Q4: consider the following statements and choose the correct options
- The the migratory routes of the pied cuckoo aims to gather data and information on climate change and the monsoon.
- Farmers have traditionally relied on the arrival of the pied cuckoo as a signal of arrival of monsoon and seed sowing.
- the Indian Bioresource Information Network (IBIN) funded by the Government of India’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT), which aims to put relevant Indian bio-resources information online.
- Gathering information about the migratory route can be invaluable for research on climatic variations taking place in the world.
- The extent of the effect of ecologies changing can be seen in the movement of species from a less favourable region to a more favourable region.
- 1, 2 and 3 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- all of the above