03/7/2020 : Daily Current Affairs MCQ
(New Initiative by Gumnaam Baba (Nitin Arora))
Questions cum Answers
Q:1. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING TIGER REERVES IS NOT LOCATED IN UTTAR PRADESH?
- Amangarh Tiger Reserve
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve
- Rajaji Tiger Reserve
- Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
- Dampa Tiger Reserve
Choose the correct option:
- 1, 2 and 4
- 3 and 5
- 2, 3 and 5
- 1, 2, 3 and 5 only
There are three tiger reserves in Uttar Pradesh. They are Amangarh in Bijnor, Pilibhit and Dudhwa in Lakhimpur-Kheri.
Q-2: which of the following statements is not correct in context of jal jeevan mission
- The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 50:50for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 90:10 for other states,and 50% for Union Territories.
- For the implementation of JJM no institutional arrangement has been proposed. The mission will be implemented as National Jal Jeevan Mission at all levels ( centre, state , district , village)
3. The mission envisages supply of 55 litresof water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- 2 Only
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 2
- all of the above
answer : c
The fund sharing pattern between the Centre and states is 90:10 for Himalayan and North-Eastern States, 50:50 for other states, and 100% for Union Territories.
For the implementation of JJM, following institutional arrangement has been proposed:
- National Jal Jeevan Mission (NJJM) at the Central level
- State Water and Sanitation Mission (SWSM) at the State level
- District Water and Sanitation Mission (DWSM) at the District level
- Village Water Sanitation Committee (VWSC) at Village level
Q-3: with regards to Okavango Delta and Bostwana consider the following statements
- Okavango Delta does not flow into a sea or ocean.
- Okavango Delta covers part of Kalahari Desert.
- Botswana is a peninsular country in North Africa.
- Bostwana’s 70% territory is covered by rain forests .
Choose the correct options
- 1, 2, 3 only
- 3 and 4 only
- 1,2,4 only
- 1, 2 only
answer : d
Botswan is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. Its 70% territory is covered by Kalahari Desert.
Botswana has the world’s largest elephant population, estimated to be around 130,000. It is Africa’s oldest continuous democracy